Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sprint HTC Touch

Several devices were considered before I landed on the Touch. CNET is a usual stopping place to get some basic info. I read numerous online comments to get a sense of the problems associated with the Touch and looked for solutions before I made a purchased.

For example the default weather report on the Touch is limited to more populous cities. I found a work around to this problem on a site in the UK and downloaded a free trial version of Resco Registry Editor and now I have local weather. I also wanted to be able to customize the Touch Cube so I found a freeware Cube Configuration Tool. My Touch is now personalized to maximize how I use a PDA. The was some concern if the Touch would read a Sandisk 8GB MicroSDHC Card but my Touch read it immediately and it functions great. People had complained about the keyboard so I went to Handango and added a ZoomBoard to make the Touch even less dependent on the stylus.

There I also found a simple, but useful Finance Diary. I then added my Laridian Bible program and my Pocket Chess that transferred from my old PDA and I was ready to go! And this article is being send by email to the blog!

No comments: